Thursday, April 24, 2014

Star Trek The Undiscovered Country

Star Trek The Undiscovered Country is a good movie with plenty of emotional attachment to all the main characters, proper effects and peppered humour. Its fun watching the hungover USS Enterprise NCC 1701-A crew piecing together the clues in this Sherlockian style, Star Trek murder/mystery.

When a mysterious photon torpedo ploughs into the Klingon High Chancellor's flagship, Kronos One, its red alert, battle stations for Kirk's Enterprise. The real mind twister is why are the USS Enterprise computer banks lying? Scotty just isn't buying it.


'Inform them of what? A new weapon that is invisible? Raving lunatics, that's what they'll call us!


What did Valeris see in the evil General Chang? Anyone with an eyepatch NAILED to his head is not exactly someone you want to mess with, Period. Who were you rooting for? Did you feel sorry for Valeris?


 

10 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That Trek was so underrated. And Cattrall was a hot Vulcan.

randi lee said...

I agree with Alex. Definitely underrated!

Maurice Mitchell said...

The best way to end the original series films. Classic.

Unknown said...

I did enjoy this one as well.
That eyepatch was realy sweet!

David P. King said...

My sister went to school with one of the younger actors from this movie. :)

Bish Denham said...

I'm going to tell on myself, it's one I haven't seen. But now I must!

Susan Kane said...

When Christopher Plummer appeared with that eye patch, I thought, "Oh, this will be good."

What did you think of Imam/Imum? shape changer?

Emily said...

Hey there! Check out Joss Whedon's new film IN YOUR EYES (if you haven't already)! It's a great sci-fi movie worth every minute! https://vimeo.com/ondemand/inyoureyes

Anonymous said...

The Undiscovered Country has a certain sentimental value to me. My father died when I was very young, and seeing this movie with him is one of the few things I can remember. Every time I've seen it since, it always brings back happy memories.

Tony Laplume said...

I'm really certain that it's this movie I've been thinking about concerning McCoy's line, "I'd give real money if he'd shut up." Feel free to correct me on that.

Featured Post

CAPTAIN PICARD TV SERIES

So analysis  has begun with Star Trek Picard's trailer... after a 17 year TNG hiatus some of trek's icons have returned. Here we ca...