Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Gene Roddenberry's Message

Gene Roddenberry's "Wagon Train to the Stars" became a cult tv show and refused to die. Star Trek's defenders of the galaxy gave us many hopeful voyages into the future.

Its fair to say, they have been our friends, our guides and our defenders thrilling us with 726 epic adventures, boldly exploring where none have gone before. Its now 50 years later. Heres what Gene Roddenberry said in 1986.




I have thought that having reached this point, it would be fun to go back to the years which Kirk first got the Enterprise and met these people. I know it would please me more than have Star Trek come back years from the future and bright young people and new stars and so on, really make it something.....and have them say thats better than Roddenberry's.... I'd like that.

(True or False) It was Gene Roddenberry's idea to have a Klingon on the bridge of the USS Enterprise NCC 1701-D.

12 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

726? That's a lot when you add them all together.
Klingon on the bridge... that's a tough one. You would think he would, since he liked diversity, but I'm going to say false.

SpacerGuy said...

In classic trek Commodore Wesley is a tribute to his name, Klingon on the bridge, all will be revealed

Jeremy [Retro] said...

Where we went from, where we are today... Gene would be thrilled. Welcome in the letter "G"... thank you!
Jeremy [Retro]
AtoZ Challenge Co-Host [2015]

There's no earthly way of knowing.
Which direction we are going!

HOLLYWOOD NUTS!
Come Visit: You know you want to know if me or Hollywood... is Nuts?

Birgit said...

Gene had to sell it that way so the executroids would take the pilot on. I will say Yes to your question...let's see if I am right

Jeffrey Scott said...

My guess is that yes, it was Gene's idea to have Wharf, I mean Worf on the Enterprise. After all, there came bigger and better menaces to battle the Enterprise.
cough Ferengi cough.

SpacerGuy said...

Gene Roddenberry wanted to be known as the creator and yet the show was based on Walter Matt Jefferies spaceship designs. A lot can be inferred from this but its so easy to jump to conclusions. Klingon on the bridge - all will be revealed.

M Pax said...

I want more Star Trek. I loved Roddenberry's vision of humanity - that we'll be better than we are.

Untethered Realms / MPax

Liz Brownlee said...

I loved Star Trek from when I was a girl and have watched them all. I have no idea what the answer to your question is, though!
Liz http://www.lizbrownleepoet.com

SpacerGuy said...

Here it is trekkers, Robert Justman put forward the idea of a resident Klingon serving aboard the Enterprise. You can read all about the fun on Saturday in J is for Justman.

Barbara In Caneyhead said...

I made sense to have Worf on board. After all, it was the "United Federation" and there was a truce with the Klingon Empire, albeit and uneasy one. Sort of like shared space missions with Russia at the end of the cold war.
My Blog: Life & Faith in Caneyhead
I'm Ensign B with Tremp's Troops
of the A to Z Challenge

Tony Laplume said...

Gene didn't want a Klingon on the bridge. He wanted all-new aliens for the all-new series.

Elephant's Child said...

Learning all the time. Thank you.

Featured Post

CAPTAIN PICARD TV SERIES

So analysis  has begun with Star Trek Picard's trailer... after a 17 year TNG hiatus some of trek's icons have returned. Here we ca...