Saturday, April 09, 2016

HUNTER VS HUNTED

H is for Hunter chasing the Hunted. In 2369 Chief Engineer Miles O' Brien (Colm Meaney) befriends an intelligent lifeform being pursued through the wormhole. Star Trek DS9 Captive Pursuit shows a hunted alien, Tosk (Scott Thomson) on the run from his masters, the Hunters. Its a game of sport to them you see. Its fun watching the fox trying to outwit the bad guys in this story.

" I am Tosk says the hunted alien, I live to outwit the hunters for another day, to survive until I die with honor."



 In order to help Tosk, O'Brien must decide if this alien is worth going against Commander Sisko's orders. The message is clear. The United Federation of Planets principles are in direct conflict with the Hunters culture. Tosk was bred and raised for the sole purpose to be hunted. I can just imagine Captain Jean Luc Picard (TNG) giving us a speech on the first duty of every Starfleet officer......

What would you do, help or let Tosk take his chances?

Hunt long or Prosper, Trekkers.

10 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Oh I would try and help. I might not live long enough to be more than a temporary distraction though.

Jeffrey Scott said...

There is always a time when we are likely faced with a challenge. Do we follow orders blindly, or do we do the right thing? I applaud O'Brien for trying to help Tosk. Where we each draw the line, helps define who we are. And sometimes, in helping others, we help ourselves. As Picard put it, "If we are going to be damned, let's be damned for who we really are."
It's what sets up apart from creatures like this Tosk or the Jem'hadar, who are bred for one thing only and have no say in anything they do.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sometimes doing the right thing outweighs following the rules.

Jo said...

I agree with Alex, doing the right thing always takes precedence

Barbara In Caneyhead said...

I'd have to help him. My first allegiance is to my Christian beliefs above all others. Gosh, me and hubby loved watching next generation!
Revisit the Tender Years with me during the #AtoZChallenge at Life & Faith in Caneyhead!

Weekends in Maine said...

Love the world of Star Trek but only watched some of DS9. I vote to help too.

@WeekendsInMaine
Weekends In Maine

Jeremy [Retro] said...

I never was a huge fan of DS9 when it was on the air, though have leaned to give it the time and respect... for some of the episodes.

Very Nice Post... but you know that, that's why you posted it! Right!

Jeremy [Retro]
AtoZ Challenge Co-Host [2016]

Stop over and find a free "SIX STRINGS: BLOGGING AtoZ CHALLENGE" Here: http://www.jmhdigital.com/

HOLLYWOOD NUTS!
You know you want to know if me or Hollywood... is Nuts?

Tony Laplume said...

You don't often write past the first two series, so this was pretty nice to see.

Birgit said...

He's cute in a scaly sort of way. I would help him because it's the right thing to do

Debra Renée Byrd said...

I'd probably help him regardless. Screw the Prime Directive!

Featured Post

CAPTAIN PICARD TV SERIES

So analysis  has begun with Star Trek Picard's trailer... after a 17 year TNG hiatus some of trek's icons have returned. Here we ca...